Easy, no-preparation ideas for ways to celebrate Shabbat
Here are some easy, no-preparation-necessary ideas for ways to celebrate:
1. Put a white table cloth on the table. Even if you don't cook, order in Chinese food or pizza and serve it on nice dishes and a white table cloth.
2. Say the Sabbath blessings. Don't remember them? You can listen to them here: http://www.adventurerabbi.org/rabbi/Bar_Mitzvah_Hebrew_prayers.htm
3. Or, try this instead of or along with the blessings: Have everyone go around the table and say one great thing that happed this week.
4. If you are not all at the table at the same time, leave a note and ask everyone to write their highlight down so everyone else can read it when they do eat.
5. No one around to have Shabbat with? Call someone you really like and have a good long, none-rushed chat.
Wishing you a peaceful and joyous Sabbath.
-Rabbi Jamie Korngold
Do you have some suggestions of ideas you would share? Please let me know...